Many people tend to ignore their shoulder issues and the same continues to worsen with time. Many people think that their shoulder issues are of an inconsequential nuisance and don’t take the same seriously. What happens is that such issues worsen with time. Most people just don’t know when they should see a shoulder surgeon in Cambridge for their shoulder issues, pains and problems. While it is true that some shoulder issues can get better on its own with time, with other issues you might need to see a shoulder surgeon in Cambridge if you want to prevent the problem from worsening with time.
Just waiting on your shoulder and elbow injuries to get better on its own with time, is one of the worst possible ways to go about things. In some instances, it might be imperative on your part to visit a shoulder surgeon in Cambridge. Read on further to know the 5 ominous signs which warrant the earliest possible visit to an expert shoulder surgeon in Cambridge.
- When you hear a popping sound in your shoulder:- In many occasions it may so happen that if you have suffered an intense fall then you might begin hearing a popping sound in your shoulder. In many occasions, this popping sound will be followed by severe pain in the shoulder and also issues like shoulder weakness. These issues might be because of rotator cuff tears or because of an AC joint separation. Thus it would be in your best interests to see a shoulder surgeon in Cambridge, right after you begin hearing popping sounds in your shoulder. If even after hearing popping sounds, you don’t visit a shoulder surgeon in Cambridge, then the problem might potentially worsen with time.
- When your shoulder becomes weak:- After an injury, you might suffer from shoulder weakness for a prolonged period of time mainly because of a torn rotator cuff or ruptured rotator cuff. These problems usually happen when a sudden force is exerted on the shoulder. If you end up with large tears on your rotator cuff then you might end up feeling as lot of weakness especially during the times when you have to lift up your arm. If you have been facing such issues for a prolonged period of time, without any signs of relief whatsoever, then it is highly imperative on you to see a shoulder surgeon Cambridge at the earliest, or else the problem might potentially worsen with time.
- When your shoulder seems unstable:- If after an injury you feel that your shoulder isn’t stable then there are high chances that your shoulder might have been dislocated. In some situations, the dislocated shoulder will slide back to its place with immediate effect after you get up from the ground, following an injury. In some situations, the dislocated shoulder won’t slide back to its place and if and when it happens, it is highly imperative on your part to see a shoulder surgeon Cambridge at the earliest.
- When you notice that your shoulder has a bump:- After a sudden fall, you might notice that a bump has appeared on the top part of your shoulder. This bump will be followed by severe pain in most occasions which might be ominous signs of an AC joint injury or shoulder separation. If your AC joint has been separated then you might not always need surgery for the same but you might still need to see a shoulder surgeon cambridge to evaluate your condition and to assess the severity of the AC separation that you might have faced. Once the severity of your AC separation has been determined, then you will know if you need to go for surgery or if the problem will get solved on its own, in due course of time.
- When your clavicle becomes painful:- When you fall on your shoulder, you might end up fracturing your clavicle or collarbone. After suffering an injury you might end up noticing a slight bump on your clavicle along with severe pain around that area. When you notice such issues it gets imperative on your part to see a shoulder surgeon in Cambridge to evaluate the type of fracture that you might have faced so that you can receive treatment on time and prevent the issue from getting worse.
The Bottom Line
It has seen in many cases that most shoulder problems and issues can worsen with time if they are left untreated. That’s why it is in your best possible interests to see a shoulder surgeon in Cambridge at the earliest, when you notice either of the 5 conditions, as has been mentioned above. This will help you in recovering from the issues and this will also prevent the issues from worsening with time.